Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Barack Obama: "We Have a Lot of Work to Do"

So I go to my inbox today and of course looked at my mail from yesterday.  The message was from Barack Obama titled "Tomorrow".  Running through my mind I really thought I made a difference by sending a letter off in the mail (used my last stamp, too) and emailing regarding the poverty issue.

Here's what the email said:

We're just one day away from change. Election Day is tomorrow -- Tuesday, November 4th. We've asked you to do a lot over the course of this campaign, and you've always come through. Right now, I'm asking you to do one last thing -- vote tomorrow, and make sure everyone you know votes, too.

Watch a short video (se above or click this post title) about how far we've come, and how close we are. Then find or confirm your polling location and make sure your friends and family do the same...

[Okay I have to admit, I got a little excited like did they really do what I requested? Am I finally gonna see the homeless population represented in this ad? And better yet, I'm I gonna hear anything about ending poverty/homelessness in America during these last days?] The email goes on to say:


When this campaign began, we weren't given much of a chance by the pollsters or the pundits. But tomorrow, we can make history. We've made it this far because supporters like you never stopped believing in your power to bring about real change. Take the final step now. Watch the video, find your polling location, and get everyone you know involved on Election Day: http://my.barackobama.com/nov4

With your vote, and the votes of your friends, family, and neighbors, we won't just win this election -- together, we will change this country and change the world.

Thanks You know what I'm sayin' (I had to through that in. It was have read better for me if it ended that way)
Barry O.

I still felt a little empty after I watched the video but I guess this is the best he can do until he actually gets into the White Black House in January :) Was it worth the try??

No comments:

Post a Comment