Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Revolving Door: Coming in and Going Out

For the last 23 months I have worked at Turner Construction Company. I came into the construction industry by way of beginning my career in the non-profit industry. Yesterday reality bit me. I was called into my review and at that time, my life would change. To make a long story short this is what I was told:
Today will be your last day."
It was like I just got punched in the face by Calzeghe and for a while I sat there and bled profusely. Story, to be continued....

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry. Someday, you'll look back on this day and realize it was the best thing that could have happened to you. Turner, like most companies, promotes a double standard. When times are good, they expect complete employee loyalty; and when there is a downturn in the economy, they say "I'm sorry, it's just a business decision." I should know, I was laid off by Turner during the last major recession in the early 90's. For someone who takes great pride in his work and work ethic, being laid off was devastating for me. At this point, you need to pull yourself by your bootstraps and learn what you can from this experience. You'll be a better person for it. I wish you well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete