Sunday, November 9, 2008

Roy Jones Jr vs Joe Calzaghe fight - November 8, 2008

I have never seen Roy Jones Jr. get hit so many times in my life. So I was on mediatakeout.com yesterday and I joined the post about who would win the fight.  I said Jones Jr. (opp), but I also said there would be a second fight.  Take a look at this interview with Roy.  I didn't pick the right person, but he practically admits  that there would be a second fight (5:30). $$$$$$$ 



Super middleweight champion Joe Calzaghe retains his perfect record with 46-Wins after winning a 12-round Unanimous decision against Roy Jones Jr. Saturday night at Madison Square Garden, tagged as “The Battle of Superpowers“.

Jones (52-5) stood defiantly in the center of the ring when the first-round ended, chants of "USA, USA" filling the arena, the crowd undoubtedly pleased that the 39-year-old Jones showed at least some of the hand speed that once made him so dangerous.But just like the Hopkins fight, Calzaghe began to outwork his opponent.
  
  
  
  
I knew I had to make Roy Jones respect my punches," Calzaghe said. "I think I did. I think I stunned him on a few exchanges."
 
The pitter-pats were harder than I thought," said Jones, who couldn't see out of his left eye in the later rounds. "I don't know. He won the fight. He definitely won the fight."
This year I just beat two legends, with Hopkins and Jones, and I came to the United States to do it," Calzaghe said. "I took the risk. They didn't come to me. I took the risk." Espn

No comments:

Post a Comment